CALL FOR PAPERS
3rd Annual World Conference on Riba
Kuala Lumpur, 26th-27h November,2012
“The Multifaceted Global Crises of Riba: Resilience, Response & Reform”
As a sequence to the highly successful 1st and 2nd World Conference on Riba that was held in Kuala Lumpur in November 2010 and July 2011, Thinkers Trends Resources with support from the Department of Finance, Kulliyyah of Economics and Management Sciences, International Islamic University Malaysia is pleased to announce the organizing of the 3rd Annual World Conference on Riba to be held on the 26th and 27th November, 2012 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
The conference objectives are as follows:
· To forge links with individuals, organizations, societies and governments worldwide that would enable concerted efforts to be implemented in fighting Riba.
· To continue exposing the pitfalls of the current economic and financial systems both at micro and macro level.
· To persuade authorities worldwide in implementing steps that are practical and sustainable to remedy their individual economies.
· To encourage religious scholars to have a holistic approach in understanding Riba.
· To formulate strategies to educate the public in understanding Riba.
· To chart systematic ways to move forward hereon, to achieve the point where people can have the choice of a life without Riba – RIFCON.
Areas of interest for the 3rd Annual World Conference on Riba include, but are not limited to:
· Riba and Global Economic Crisis
· Possible solutions to the Global Riba Issue
· Riba & Political Economy
· Riba and the International Banking System
· Accounting Standards & Riba
· Legal Tender & Riba
· Community Currencies
· Alternatives to Riba Based Economy
· Alternatives to circumvent Riba
· Riba-free Microfinance
· Poverty Eradication Methods
· Media Against Riba
· Education Against Riba
Important Dates:Submission of abstract not later than 31st July, 2012
Notification of acceptance of abstract will be made by 15th August 2012
Submission of complete paper not later than 15th October, 2012
Submissions must not substantially duplicate work that any of the authors has published elsewhere or has submitted in parallel for consideration of any other conference or workshop with proceedings. All papers will be subject to a blind review and must be written in English. Authors are requested to submit their abstracts and papers to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please address all enquiries to:
The Conference Secretariat
Thinkers Trends Resources Sdn Bhd
27A, Jalan PJS 10/24 Bandar Sri Subang,
46000 Petaling Jaya Selangor Darul Ehsan
Tel: 603-56313589 Fax: 603-56316062
Website: www.worldribaconference.orgThank you.
Prof Dr Ahamed Kameel Mydin Meera
Dean, Institute of Islamic Banking & Finance
International Islamic University Malaysia
205A, Jalan Damansara
50480 KUALA LUMPUR